A Quick & Easy RecipeI haven't done a recipe in a while, so I decided to break up the hair posts with a quick and good Chicken and Rice recipe! Yeah, I kind of do these recipes for you but I do them for me too. When I forget how to make something, I refer back to my own recipe posts. They come in handy!
~ 2 large chicken breasts
~ 1 can of cream of mushroom
~ 1 onion
~ 1 green pepper
~ salt and pepper
~ prepared rice
~hard boiled egg
1. Chop the onion and green pepper into small (or large) pieces. Your choice!
2. Put butter into a pan and saute the chopped onion and green pepper.
3. I cut my chicken into chunks and season it with salt and pepper before sauteing (but you could also shred the chicken after sauteing).
4. Remove the chicken from the pot and pour in the can of cream of mushroom. I then take that same can, fill it with water, and pour that water into the same pan.
5. Let that sit until it boils.
6. After it begins to boil, add the chicken and the vegetables and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
7. Cook rice the way you normally would, boil an egg, and mix everything together!
It's a quick, hearty meal for the winter. I love it because I love cream of mushroom soup with eggs over rice! That's just me though. If you're ever in need of something quick for the night, definitely give this a try!