How I Avoid Shrinkage!I recently joined Twitter!! I want to build my following so Fridays will become Follow Me Friday where I showcase one of my accounts to follow. Today, of course, will be Twitter!
I had so many compliments and questions about the stretched twist out I did a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to take pictures the second time around so I could show the technique. In my post, The Curl Is Back, I showed the products I used to accomplish the finished look. This post will focus on the technique, specifically the stretching part.
Here are pictures with the descriptions of what what's going on.
1. Pre wash
3. Before detangling with conditioner
4. Sectioned hair ready to detangle
5. After detangling
6. Cover with shower cap
7. Cover shower cap with satin-lined shower cap and let sit for about 30 minutes
8. Wash conditioner out
2. Pat my hair as dry as I could
3. Twisted my hair into medium sized sections
4. Back view of the twists
5. Top view of the twists
6. Stretched the twists and bobby pinned them to my head
7. Side view of stretched twists
8. Top view of stretched twists
2. A side view
3. A top and back view
4. The twist unpinned
5. Side view
6. Untwisted twists and finished product
These twists turned out ok. They weren't as good as the first stretched twists I did, but isn't that usually how things work when you try to replicate them?! As for now, I've finally washed my hair and decided to try the flexi rod set this time around. Stay tuned for a post about that.
Also, come back tomorrow for the
Valentine's Day Cash Giveaway!!!
Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this! :-)