The first recipe I tried was a few weeks ago. I have no pictures for the first recipe so I'll speak very shortly on it. The side dish I made was Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites. Two things I'll say about this recipe is that for one, it was very tasty but like most things I try to cook for the first time, I could have seasoned the potatoes a little more. Secondly, the recipe called for 3 whole potatoes and I used 7 (because I love potatoes so much I didn't think 3 would be enough). I should have stuck to the recipe!! There were so many leftover potatoes that we couldn't eat them all...LOL. Overall it was a very good recipe and I would recommend it.
The next recipe I tried was shrimp scampi which was inspired by this Pinterest recipe. Here are the steps I took to make this scrumptious entree:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and melt a stick of butter on the pan in the oven
- Slice one lemon (if you'd like a little citrus taste) and place the slices on in the melted butter on the pan
- Peel the shrimp (which had already been deveined) and rinse
- The recipe called for Italian seasoning, but I didn't particularly like Italian seasoning. Instead I used McCormick's Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Mix and coated the shrimp in this mix before laying them on the pan amongst the butter and lemon slices
- Put the shrimp in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes
I guess I was so hungry I forgot to take an after picture but this recipe turned out well! I ate the shrimp over a bed of rice. With the shrimp I tried another recipe that I'll write a post about later, so stay tuned!!
Don't forget to enter the Valentine's Day Cash Giveway for your chance to win $350!! There are only 10 days left! $350 could make for a wonderful Valentine's Day! :-)
Have a great Wednesday folks!