After a month of having to do my own hair, it's September Length Check time.
Sept 1 = 83 weeks natural (~1 year 8 months),
42 weeks since the BC (~10.5 months)
October 2 = 87 weeks natural (~1 year 9 months),
46 weeks since the BC (~11.5 months)
So, what have I learned this month??
- First...I learned I need to go to the salon!! LOL. I love my natural curly hair, but I don't have the time to devote to it to make more creative styles. Some times I have the time, but I just don't feel like it! I basically wear the same style every day and that's boring to me. I want more versatility (which I know I can obtain since I have natural hair) but I need to be able to tap into that. I don't want to have to "go to the salon" because I want "this style or that one" today. I want to be able to practice versatility on my own. So, I either need to find salon quick, fast, and in a hurry or learn the skills. We'll see which of those happens first.
- I've also been experimenting with different products and I've found one I really like (blog post to come soon).
- I'm in desperate need of a trim so my hair is shedding more and more each day. Even though I see this growth, I know it's for nil since I'll be getting it trimmed soon.
- I also asked my readers about detangling. Since I've washed my hair several times this month, I've found that it's better, for me, to detangle with a wide tooth comb. I actually take the time to separate my hair into six sections (while conditioning) and I detangle each section separately, then all together. I may try that method with a brush, just to see how it goes...but for now, I'm sticking with the comb...it's easier to chop away at the tangles!
Me and this hair, right?!! :-)
So, there are my September updates and my official goodbye to my blessed birthday month. I want to promise myself a few things moving forward:
- I'll try my best not to move on my birthday ever again. This has happened twice and it definitely takes away from the occasion that I spend all year waiting for.
- I need to plan an event for my birthday next year (or maybe the year after, since that'll be a milestone year). Either way, I've got to plan something!
This computer thing is really killing me. I'm not able to do what I need to do when I need to do it. Thank God for all these devices (iPad and phone) but using those things don't compare to using a computer. Using my computer at work makes me have to do rush jobs on my posts (so if they read kind of funny, that's why)! I'm pushing through and I'm going to claim a new computer by Thanksgiving!!
Have a great day y'all!