Last month I attempted the 30 day squat challenge. I didn't plan on completing the challenge because the number of squats towards the end of the month was just ridiculous...and I felt like it would be too time consuming. I only agreed to do it because of my friend's encouragement. I lasted a lot longer than I thought I would. I ended up doing 25 days. I know, I know...I might as well have finished the challenge, but with all I have going on it's difficult to stick to routines.
Having my scalp massaged is a favorite (along with back and feet rubs). How lovely it would be to have someone do that periodically...or on an everyday basis?? I don't! So...I've decided to do my own scalp massages and turn it into a 30 day challenge. This will be very simple because it doesn't require a lot of time. I compiled the best suggestions from a combination of steps I found on About(.com) and CurlyNikki.
How To Massage Your Scalp
1. Divide hair into four sections (physically or mentally)
2. Starting from the front of the section, massage your scalp in a circular motion using your fingertips, not your fingernails!
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips, not your fingernails. Scratching creates tiny cuts in your scalp slowing growth.
- I have a self-diagnosed problem with my nerves, so not scratching my head will be a difficult habit to break.
- It's also suggested to use some type of oil while massaging.
- Start from the front of the section and move back.
- Apply pressure while massaging, but don't be too firm.
- Don't neglect your temples, the areas around your ears, or the nape of your neck.
3. For routine care, 1 minute is enough. If using this method to encourage hair growth on thin hair areas, try 2-5 minutes.
So, there's my plan and tips. I am going to challenge myself to carry this out over the next 30 days.
Who's going to join me?