The Liebster Award is given to blogs with 200 followers or less who deserve to be noticed.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the nominating blogger set for you
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you tag
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you tag
5. Choose 11 bloggers who fit the criteria and link them in your post.
6.Go to their page and tell them.
7. No tag backs!!
This is definitely not mandatory. If you've been nominated for this award before, consider it an honor to be nominated again!! I will definitely understand if you choose not to participate because this took me a little over a month to put together!! (I'm not exaggerating about that either). So here I go!
11 random facts about me:1. I drink Half & Half like a regular beverage. I even use it in my cereal when I'm craving something sweet.
2. I love Coming To America, The Friday series (Friday, Next Friday, Friday After Next), Kill Bill 1 & 2, Scarface, and Paid In Full. I have all of those on DVD except Scarface and the Kill Bills. These movies come on TV quite regularly...and I watch them every time!! I hardly ever watch he DVDs...lol.
3. I do random ballet moves in the house when walking from one room to the next...at least I make an attempt at what I call ballet moves.
4. I put pillows at the foot of my bed each night to keep my feet warm. I don't like wearing socks when I sleep.
5. Along the same lines, I like to sleep with the air on between 70 and 72 degrees every night, even in the winter.
7. I can be very, very wordy.
8. I can be very, very sensitive.
9. I love shows like The Walking Dead, True Blood, and Dexter (that comes on Showtime, not the cartoon...lol). They're all very gruesome shows but I can look past all the gore for the great story lines.
10. I love taking pictures. People pick on me because I take a lot of pictures of myself, but what else am I supposed to take pictures of when there's no one else around?
11. I shower twice daily; once in the morning and once at night. My friends pick on me because they think its excessive and unnecessary to wash that many times a day. The question I'm asked the most is "do you get dirty between going to sleep and waking up?!"...LOL!
1. What is your favorite book?I don't really read many books these days...not that I don't want to, I truly just don't have time for it. I wish I did because I enjoy leisure reading. It's relaxing. One of my coworker's father recently passed and her aunt bought her this book (#5). After she read it, she lent it to me because she thought I would enjoy it. I did!!
2. If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be?
3. What is your favorite song? (This question was asked twice.)As I've discussed here, I don't really have favorites when it comes to music because I love a lot of different songs, artists, albums, etc. It's hard to single out just one song. I can say right now what my favorite song is, turn around and her another song and say that that one is my favorite too! So, to make it easier, I don't single "favorites" out.
4. What is your dream job?
5. Who do you admire and why?One person I admire is my mother. Without going into too much detail she's the woman I've modeled myself after, but with a twist. There are a lot of things I've seen and experienced. Even though my mom was really the one experiencing a lot of those things herself (and I was just going through them with her) she always had advice for me; she always had my future in mind. She always wanted more and better for me and my sister. No one can quite understand because they weren't there with her like I was and being there was very powerful; I will always remember those experiences. I love my Moma and always will...and I'm so grateful for the woman'she's made me into.
6. What is your favorite quote?I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. - Jesus
7. What is your favorite hobby?One hobby I truly enjoy is blogging. It's something I can own and grow into something so much larger than I ever could have imagined. However, I'm always struggling to find balance with blogging, work, house duties, etc.! I hate that. I've spoken about how I wish I could invest more time into it in plenty of posts, so I won't even go there.
8. What is your favorite song?There are many songs I like. As much as I love music, I can never pick one favorite anything. In one moment I can say I this song is my favorite, then turn right around and say another song is my favorite, so I won't go there either. I've spoken about music here, here, here, and here...I think they all accurately speak to my love for music.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. Where did you go on your last vacation?This might sound crazy, but I don't go on vacations. Let me explain! When I think of vacations I think of times where you set aside a good amount of time (at least a week) to plan a trip and activities to do while on this trip. It's something you save up for so you can go somewhere and "ball out"!! LOL..It's set aside time where you can relax, enjoy yourself, and have fun doing the things you planned to do...with some spontaneity thrown in here and there. With all that said I did manage to take to sneak a somewhat extended weekend trip to New York, New York. I had fun with the people I was with (I especially enjoyed spending time with my traveling partner) and I truly wish we could have stayed a longer.
Now!! The 11 blogs I've nominated are...(drum roll)...in no particular order
7. Lovely You
10. Style Honestly
Recipients...thanks so much for blogging! I enjoy all off your blogs!!
Here are 11 questions for you to answer, if you wish to accept this blog award!
1. What's something your blog readers don't know about you?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, tell us one funny thing about your relationship with your pet (something funny they do; something funny you do with your pet, etc.). If you don't have a pet, what type of pet would you pick and what would you name it?
3. If you could be on a Reality TV show, which show would you choose and why?
4. What are your 3 favorite non-social media websites?
5. What's your favorite meal to cook?
6. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
7. What's your favorite thing to blog about?
8. You get to become a villain from a Disney movie for a day, which villain would you pick and why?
9. What did you want to be when you were little? Did you become that?
10. How old were you when you got our first cell phone?
11. When shopping for clothes, what's your go to store?
I hope you all choose to participate. I would enjoy reading your posts, so let me know when you posted your Liebster Award response! I can't wait.
I know that was a very long post, but I've been diligently working on this for a while...trying to get it finished. Now that it is, tell me what you think! Did you learn anything new??